Monday, August 21, 2006

Another sunset....

Another sunset -- I loved the glow behind the tree tops that lingered long after the sun slipped away. This was from our recent weekend at the lake with friends. Who would have thought that three families could stay together and still end the weekend friends? Will wonders never cease?

Tonight's soccer practices were a success! Coach Hubby kept things rolling with the kids and I chatted up the parents and collected email addresses. I'm shocked that isn't part of the registration form, but it isn't. Maybe next year.... I'll have to suggest it.

My son showed some attitude but we got it back together. I hope he and Coach Hubby can get along when I'm not there. I have one more week of practice before my classes start. I do think this will be a positive experience for them. I just hope and pray my son gets into it and has fun.

He does not love running or practicing -- just likes to play in games. I can't blame him, I was the same way. I'm praying for divine intervention on this.


My Mom put a curse on me as a kid. She'd always say, "I hope you get one who is
just like you." I'm reaping what I sowed. She got her wish. She is laughing in heaven. I'm glad to bring her more smiles. I will not wish this upon my children. Nope, I will not. No! Not even when I'm really tempted. I said no!

Don't tempt me anymore!

2 comments:

Wes said...

Why do our parents always curse us like that? I'm lucky at the moment because my son likes both the practice and the games, even if his dad can't get him to either on time.
Great picture of the sunset too!

Lisa said...

My mom spat out that curse at me once. And yes, I got one alot like myself too! heehee.