Tuesday, January 09, 2007

3 weeks

It has been THREE WHOLE WEEKS since I completely changed my eating and started on my quest to lose weight and be healthy.

I had thought I'd miss the fast food.
I don't
!

I had thought I'd miss beer.
Shockingly,
I don't!

I had thought I'd miss cheese.
I don't
(except if I think about it too much).

I had thought I'd miss popcorn.
Again,
I don't (if I don't think about it too much!)

I had thought I'd miss cream in my coffee.
Okay,
I really miss the cream in my coffee.
I'm allowed to have fat free Coffee Mate so I'm doing better now.


I'm down 7 pounds. For me this is close to a miracle as weight is attracted to me so much that it does not often like to leave.

I'm looking at this as healthy living more than dieting. I would rather lose weight and be around to see grandchildren someday.

Off to drink more water -- the key to weight loss seems to be in how many trips you take to the bathroom every day.....

7 comments:

Spencer said...

go you!! congratulations!

Susan said...

Great job! I just started a program that our jurisdiction is sponsoring. Hopefully I'll have some good luck with it too. But today is the first day, and I'm just hungry!

Signup was yesterday... at the expo center that is located right next to the Krispy Kreme bakery. Can you say TORTURE?

Lisa said...

Yeay you. It IS hard to lose weight. You have the perfect attitude so success is in the bag!

someone else said...

That's awesome!! Seven pounds -- good for you.

I don't think I could live without popcorn, though.

carrie said...

Yay for you!!! That is so inspiring (says I licking the popcorn off my hands - just kidding, I hate popcorn)!!! I like the idea that # of bathroom trips = # lbs. lost, that makes sense!

Keep it up!!!

Carrie

Kellie said...

Yay!!! I'm happy for you!! Now all you need to do is send a little motivation my way. ;o)

What diet are you on??

Pamela said...

I may have two comments. Blogger is messing with me

Good for you.. I wish I could get in the right mood

Maybe if I stopped eating sugar, sweets. That would be major