Dear Blog,
I am sorry I have neglected you. I've been so busy LIVING that I have not had time to write. I turn to you when I need perspective. I turn to you when I need to work out my thoughts. I turn to you when I am sad. During this past year I have been busy. I have been teaching, learning, and living. I am adjusting to life as a mother of teens. Wonder Boy and Super Girl are both in high school now. Where did the time go? Super Girl is taking driver education classes and Wonder Boy is experiencing the ups and downs of high school sports.
I have become a better teacher. I can now diagnose the learning issues and help treat them quicker. I love the joy of watching 14 and 15 year olds discover that they don't hate reading -- they just hate the books others choose for them. It has changed me. I hate what is happening in education in my state but I LOVE what is happening in my classroom.
I am learning to appreciate my siblings more. We have our struggles, but have learned that we are all we have left in this world. We are honest with each other and let our differences go now. We have lost many in this past year. I attended 5 funerals in the span from February to September. I learned how I'd like to be remembered (so I spend time with people vs. cleaning my house). I learned that I better allow others to take my picture -- I don't want my kids to struggle so much when they make the picture boards for my funeral.
I have learned that I can't change what people think but I can change how I respond to them. I have learned that I don't have to let my mother inlaw into my home if it will steal my peace. I am proud of this. The more I live the more I learn. I appreciate my teachers more now than ever before. I am grateful that they read my bad essays.
May this year bring you peace and joy. May life treat you well, give you great stories and teach you great lessons.
Peace & Joy,
GRG.
No comments:
Post a Comment