
World Cup soccer fever has invaded my home. We are cheering for Italy. Last year friends brought each of the kids a soccer jersey. They had gotten them on a trip to Italy. My kids think they are cool now that Italy is in the finals. They are cool -- but it has nothing to do with Italy.
Go Italy! Hey why is their team color BLUE??
Update: YIPPEE!! What a fun game to watch! There was suspense and good sportsmanship -- and one amazing glaring example of unbelievably bad sportsmanship.
The kids nearly fell off the coach when Zilane head butted that dude in the chest. We were just shocked. What a stupid way to end your career in soccer during overtime in the world cup. Kicked out with a red card. I couldn't help thinking "I bet his mom isn't proud. " The first thing Wonder Boy said to me (after we finished saying "Did you see that??" and "Can you believe that?" ) was "I bet his mom isn't proud of him right now." From the mouths of babes...
And another thing... so far the best snarky online quote on the Zilane thing is as follows:
"At least he didn't use his hands since that's against the rules in soccer." In a comment by Lepus in a thread on the head butt incident on Fark.
3 comments:
Thanks so much for the nice comment over at my place. I must say, your three favorite movies happen to be about the three best modern movies there are... so I'm happy to have found you!
It was a good game, glad you guys had fun too.
The World Cup game ate my husband today. I didn't even know he liked soccer. But you gotta love a sport with no commercials and instant replays because they are too busy PLAYING THE DAMN GAME. In baseball games there's so much standing around, I forget why I'm even there sometimes.
Lisa
Mom - I'm always glad to be found -- I enjoyed finding your bog too!
Lisa - You hit the nail on the head! If more sports were like soccer I'd watch more sports! I love the lack of wasted time in soccer. The clock rolls on... as does life!
Post a Comment