Monday, February 05, 2007

5 degrees below ZERO!, freaking cold!

I walked outside today and became an ice sculpture. I wore many layers, but that truly does not matter when it is 5 DEGREES BELOW ZERO. The windchill? She is -21. Yes, really. That is really freaking cold...

Luckily, my
Hoopty started in this insane cold. The problem came in when I backed out of the driveway. Apparently something happened to my power steering. There was a huge puddle of pink dangerous looking liquid in my driveway where my Hoopty had been parked. As I backed out of the drive it became clear that all my power steering was gone. I pulled my shoulder and elbow out of whack just trying to turn the poor Hoopty as I pulled out. (I just love having another part of my body aching right now) It was then that I then to work my way back and forth to parallel park next to the curb (by rocking forward and back I needed to do less steering, because steering without power steering is just plain wrong).

I'm so sore right now. Hubby came back from dropping off the kids at school and took me to work. Now I sit here trying to figure out what to do. I asked my Dad if I could borrow one of his cars (he has kept Mom's) and I have no luck. My sister already has dibs on that car since she was planning to take her car to the shop. She had already asked him so she gets the car. Timing is everything.

Part of me wants to say, "Okay, give her the car -- I will just take this week off." The timing really stinks -- I have just 13 more weeks of this semester to survive, I wish this issue could have waited until then. Or, if not then, at least until it was warm enough for Hubby to work on my car outside. We do not have the luxury of a heated garage and you simply don't attempt to fix a car outside when it is 5 below. I guess a hoopty doesn't like to wait for your convenience. Rats.

Now if I can just light a campfire under my desk..... Brrr......


1 comment:

MSU gal said...

we have the sme thing in Mich.
hang in there.