Saturday, February 23, 2013
Happy
Life has such ups and downs. As I watch my father age I am sad. As I watch my children grow, I am happy. I miss those I have lost but I have hope for the future. It is so nice when friends from the past reach out to me to reconnect. I am so grateful for my blessings now that I've experienced loss and close calls. I have learned to appreciate this moment... the right now. If only I'd had this wisdom when I was younger! Ah but to be able to battle through depression now with the knowledge that brighter days do come... that is such a blessing. I guess my lack of blog posts show that I'm better able to manage depression, grief, and pain now. I see the gift it can be when I am able to empathize with others who suffer the same experiences. We are not alone. That alone brings comfort to the aching heart.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
It is inspiring how you have found strength and wisdom through life's challenges.
Post a Comment