Friday, January 05, 2007

Friday

YAY for Friday! I love that I have the weekend off work. I would be so good at being retired! Once again I have not won the lottery this week. Ah the disappointment of avoiding early retirement.

I was back at the high school yesterday and I LOVED being back in the classroom. Next week is finals week and I will really miss this class of students. They have been a pleasure to deal with and I have learned a ton watching them grow. I'm looking forward to the new class I'll be observing next semester, but I will really miss this group of kids.

I'm a little freaked out by my class load starting next week. I'm in the same boat as last semester -- 3 classes plus a 1/2 day at the high school (on top of working full time). Indoor soccer starts this weekend and Wonder Boy's team has had 3 kids back out due to the dreaded early Sunday morning time slot they were put in. Now these poor kids are not going to have much for substitutes -- and this is the team where showing up isn't always a family priority for some of the team mates. Ugh. Why is Super Girl's team so much easier to deal with??

Oh well! I think it will be good to be back to the mayhem of juggling work, schools, and soccer. I was at the point where I was actually cleaning house this past week! Yikes! There is always something better you can be doing than cleaning house!

No comments: