I am short. I admit it, if I don't buy "petite" pants I'm stuck hemming. The problem is that I don't hem. I take my pants to the magic sewing people and they hem them. Then, over time the hem comes out. When the hem comes out, I safety pin the pant hem back up. This has become such a predictable process that I have started to skip the actual hemming portion of the process. I get new pants that are too long (because I can't find them in petite) and I simply safety pin them to the correct length. Normally I do more than one safety pin per pant leg. Today I didn't, hence my hem unrolled and dragged.
I would tell you that I'm going to get these paints tailored, but that would be a lie. I'm going to try and find more safety pins. I don't plan on being this size for that much longer that I want to invest in hemming (that will fall out anyway). By the way, I'm down 11 or 12 pounds now! I'm not sure whether it is 11 or 12 because every other day my scale says something different this last week. I am consistently inconsistent!
I need 2 more safety pins.... I know there must be some in my car or desk drawer... just can't find them yet..... I know you don't believe me, but you don't see the safety pins. My sister asked me yesterday where I get my pants hemmed (she is taller than I and needs hers hemmed too). She looked at me funny when I mentioned a tailor AND the safety pin method.
Whatever.... off to find 2 more safety pins. Trial and error has taught me -- you need at least 2 per pant leg....
4 comments:
Congrats on the lost weight.
As for the hemming... I have done the same thing... with safety pins. Nice to know others do the same thing.
try duct tape.
Woo hoo. Congrats on lost weight. I feel your pain on the petite front. I am five 2 or five 3 on a good day when I am not slouching.
Try Gap ankle length pants. They are the shizzle..
Lisa
you are not short! the clothing people are just being weird. everyone is expected to don 6" heels these days. ack!
Post a Comment