Monday, October 01, 2007

Happy Birthday to ME!

I am 39 today and so very glad to be here. I think of the last 6 years, and am simply happy to have made it through! I'm glad I was born and I had a wonderfully simple and pleasant day today. My cooperating teacher had my students sing to me and they ALL sang. I walked into the room to singing and I didn't even realize they were singing to me until they were almost done! Then I turned red... as I do so well!

Wonder Boy got me a magnet and note pad that are pug dogs. He also made me an awesome bracelet out of a paper cup. Love it! Super Girl gave me the biggest hug ever and told me she thought of me all day long as she wrote the date on her papers. Hubby stayed home for the evening and was supportive.... I needed that!

I love student teaching, but the pressure is intense with Hubby working overnight, my kids needing a better routine. My house a complete mess. I only have about 10 more weeks. I am starting to get the joke! I am getting better at English lessons and discussions. I'm still working on classroom management, but it is coming. This is a great experience. I love the school. I hope I can be hired there, but for today I enjoyed the now. What a difference a day makes!

5 comments:

Pamela said...

what a coincidence. I'm 39, too... and have been for years.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!

Emily said...

happy birthday, grim reality girl!!

i'm glad you've made it too. :) and your student teaching sounds like it's going better than ever.

Melzie said...

Happy (late) birthday :) I am glad your day went well. Good luck getting a new routine, you'll do fine :) xoxo melzie

Ann(ie) said...

Happy Belated Birthday, darlin. xo. Hope this is a fabulous year for you!!

Mal Kiely [Lancelots Pram] said...

Happy Belated Birthday from me also. I'm one of those who've been stuck on 39 for a few years now myself :D

Don;t stress too much about classroom management... it comes with time and experience - and everyone has their own style and way of doing it. Hang in there :)

Cyalayta
Mal :)