Tuesday, December 11, 2007

Credit rating in the pooper

Okay, it was not paying the mortgage on time that negatively affected my credit...

How sad that all these years as a responsible citizen can be thrown out the window so easily. How sad that you work your whole life and stability can evaporate so quickly. How sad that I get a letter from one of our credit cards telling me they have lowered my limit -- even though I was never late to them! This is my oldest credit card or I'd be irritated enough to close it. I am sick. I've been trying to pay them off, but Hubby's lack of employment has forced us into using our credit line for crazy things like roof repair, car repair, and sometimes food.

Why is my self esteem tied to my credit rating? If I didn't get a holiday bonus from my dad this year we would be without a Christmas at my house. The bonus has allowed me to get current on all utilities. YAY! I'm still cutting it way back -- this year is kids only for presents.

I wish Hubby would move faster on getting a better job. I wish this was not so hard. I hate that our debt mountain has grown so high. I hate that I'm going to have to take charge of his job search since depression has him shackled. I am sick. Ugh.

On a brighter note: my friend got to have a wonderful day with her kids yesterday. YAY for small miracles!

1 comment:

Mal Kiely [Lancelots Pram] said...

[[[hugs]]] for you all. I wish there was some magical button I could push and resolve your stresses...

But at least you have something like your blog to spill all your angst and frustration out on - go for it. I know my monitor screen can take whatever you dish out to it! heh heh

Cyalayta
Mal :)