Saturday, December 01, 2007

Update

The surgery turned into a consult and my friend has been rescheduled for next week. Another ultrasound was done on the other breast because the fear is that there is a mass there as well. My friend is holding up as well as you can with this kind of stress.

On the bright side: the personal protection order on her hubby has been extended to cover friends and family! YIPPEE! I'm grateful! He failed to pick up the kids as scheduled from school this week. He also failed to buy car seats and had to take her car seats when he had his scheduled time with the kids this weekend. I hope the judge in this case takes notice. He wasn't ever much of a father. It is unlikely he can muster the fortitude to step it up now. He is saying horrible things about her to the kids. Their eyes are wide. I'm so sad that they have to go through this. I'm so glad that kids are resilient and that they will eventually see the reality of the situation. They lost when it came to daddy, but they hit a major jackpot with getting the mommy they have!

I'm proud of her!

1 comment:

Mal Kiely [Lancelots Pram] said...

Makes me both so sad and so angry when parents lay stuff like that on their kids! GAGH!
My ex and I agreed from day one... any problems we have between us are between US, and the kids dodn't need to get involved. So yeah, neither of us have ever said anything negative about the other parent in front of the kids. Ever.