Sunday, January 04, 2009

Happy New Year!

I hope your holidays have been filled with joy! What is better than a macaroni angel on your tree? Not much! It is hard for me to contemplate taking down our tree.... I will miss the ornaments my children have made...

Tell me you don't think the sand paper gingerbread man isn't THE BEST!

I am so sorry for neglecting my blog... this has been a crazy busy season for me. There are some things going on in the extended family that are weighing on me. My Dad will be having his biopsy in a few weeks -- delayed due to having to get off his meds first. I am also worrying about little brother again.

The fun things have been making cookies with the kids. It is amazing how much fun nieces and nephews can be when you don't have babies yourself! It feels like I have grandkids almost (though two of my child bearing siblings are indeed older than me!). It is fun to play with and enjoy babies again -- and to give them back when they are cranky! I have also been busy decorating and cooking for my dad's holdiay party. I just finished taking down the decorations today. Can I just say that I will do just about ANYTHING for you if you genuinely appreciate me. YAY Dad! Thanks for appreciating my efforts as my siblings slacked this year (mainly because they have babies and I do not).

I'm enjoying monopoly with my tweens.... 3 marathons thus far. I won 2 of three! I like the electronic banking version! (We played with calculators as kids.... maybe someone got them memo?).

Happy New Year!!

2 comments:

Mal Kiely [Lancelots Pram] said...

wow... sounds like a fun yet busy Festive season for you all. your tweens will always remember those Monopoly marathons, you know... that's a great precious family treasured memory for them to have for the rest of their lives. fantastic!!! Hope things are OK with ur dad and little bro too [[[hugs]]]

Pamela said...

we played a new game this holiday called "Blokus"
I haven't played monopoly in years, so now it's electronic. Of course it is!