Dad says he is getting calls from a reporter wanting to interview him. His phone is his lifeline and yet it sometimes holds unpredictable dangers. I wish I could be there to protect him always. He is so confused. My brother will check his caller ID tomorrow and see what the story is. This is not a made up delusion as those revolve around dad messing up at work (he is retired) and that people are stealing from him (nothing is missing, he just hides things and can't find them).
Dementia is cruel. I wish I could make it easier for him.
Suicide Attempt Survival:
It is almost 2 years now since my son made a serious attempt on his life. I have lost count of hospitalizations but am grateful he is still alive and improving slowly. Suicide is a cruel temptation. Even when not "completed" lives of all around are shattered as we try to support our loved one without enabling. It is even harder to tell the difference between depression and lazy teen tendencies.
I am so tired. I am hopeful, but so darn tired.
No comments:
Post a Comment