Wonder Boy has talent. I took this shot of his art on our sidewalk -- it was after sundown so the picture does not really do it justice. All I can say is that I might have suggested he pick a famous piece of art to put on the sidewalk. He had written his name quite large with the obligatory "WAS HERE" and I suggested he replicate a famous painting. Who would have thought my sleep deprived wonder would immediately think of "The Scream"? I wish you could see the awesome shading....Wonder Boy survived his sleep study and got his CPAP machine 2 days later. It is never that quick. Mine took 3 weeks. I'm grateful for a doctor who cares. Sleep apnea in kids is a HUGE big deal. The more I read the more frightening it becomes -- I'm so glad we are treating him now! He is struggling to adjust to sleeping with the mask; please say some prayer for my poor baby. Hopefully he will get more REM sleep soon.
On another note, Hubby has been driving me insane and I finally know why!!!! He took himself off his depression medication. Yes, my dear Hubby thought he would need to be off his depression medication for employment drug tests. HELLO! They are not testing you for doctor prescribed drugs!!! UGH! He has not been himself for a month! NOW I KNOW WHY! I told him his is never to make this kind of decision without me again. Depression makes him stupid on top of mean. We are on day 2 of being back on the medicine. May I have my real husband back soon! How did I figure it out? Well, he was being such an ASS that I had to finally say "Honey, have you been taking your medicine lately?"
Sometimes a simple little question can cut to the heart of an issue. I can't believe I didn't ask the simple little question sooner!!!!!!
I'm working on my resume and teaching applications. Some of the questions are crazy. UGH! I pushed myself to get through school and now I have no energy for the job search! I'm just not in the mood to write essays about my teaching philosophy. I will try to suck it up.... I'm just so very DONE right now. I could use some time where I'm not facing deadlines....
My best friend is still in the midst of the ugly divorce. Emergency psychological evaluations were conducted this week. Her husband IS crazy. I pray for their family. The husband is all about vengeance and money. She just wants to provide normalcy for the kids (that is normalcy without the spousal abuse her husband inflicted). To complicate matters she has fallen in love and is dating another man (as she fights to accomplish her divorce). Sometimes I wish new love could wait until this were settled, it would make things so much less complicated.
Only another month of school for the kids. Hubby and I will have no children in elementary school. Where did time fly? My newest nephew is due this week. My brother and his new wife are about to have the newest baby. May his other children adjust smoothly... I worry for them. How strange it is that my children are growing older as my siblings rock their new babies.
Super Girl had her first boy / girl party this weekend. Only two boys showed up because the rest didn't want to be around a bunch of girls. I asked Super Girl if the 2 boys had the time of their lives or if they were really uncomfortable most of the time. Her answer -- BOTH! Super Girl is wonderful. She is getting an A in math! YAY!
I had to travel for work this week. I was blessed to see the shore but too tired to stick around for a sunset. I know, I too am shocked at my lack of wherewithal. What up with that?
I don't think they are rats with wings.... unless they poop near me.... that is always irritating. Gulls are pretty if you are deaf....
And that is what is new here... you can now see why I've been quiet -- real life is crazy ;-)-------------------------
UPDATES
-------------------------
Thanks you all for the encouraging comments!
Updates:
Hubby went back on his medicine during the phone conversation when I discovered he'd gone off. Hopefully they kick in quick. Bless his heart, he definitely needs to consult me on these things! Some of the basics of depression are lost on those who have not previously suffered it.
Wonder Boy chose to draw The Scream because they had studied it in school and he thought it would be easier than the Mona Lisa. He cracks me up. He has decided the Mona Lisa may be next. How cool is it that kids can look up pictures online quickly vs. having to find the motivation to go to the library to look things up. I'm betting his picture would not happen if he'd had to go to the library :-)
Wonder Boy is really struggling with the sleep apnea mask. We will have to try to adjust this week. He was VERY grumpy this morning.
This too shall pass...
Updates:
Hubby went back on his medicine during the phone conversation when I discovered he'd gone off. Hopefully they kick in quick. Bless his heart, he definitely needs to consult me on these things! Some of the basics of depression are lost on those who have not previously suffered it.
Wonder Boy chose to draw The Scream because they had studied it in school and he thought it would be easier than the Mona Lisa. He cracks me up. He has decided the Mona Lisa may be next. How cool is it that kids can look up pictures online quickly vs. having to find the motivation to go to the library to look things up. I'm betting his picture would not happen if he'd had to go to the library :-)
Wonder Boy is really struggling with the sleep apnea mask. We will have to try to adjust this week. He was VERY grumpy this morning.
This too shall pass...

4 comments:
the picture your little fella did sums up your week really well! my husband did the same a few years ago (at christmas for heavens sake!) and refused to go back on them until i went to the doctor, got a prescription for him and told him if he didn't take them i would kick him out! hope you get the nice husband back soon...
"The Scream" seems totally appropriate! That's an amazing sidewalk chalk piece for a young man! Woah! impressive!
Yeah! Kick hubby's @$$ about staying on his meds! Norty boy.
Cyalayta
Mal :)
i hope wonder boy can get adjusted to sleeping w/the mask soon. i'd never thought about it before, but now, (thinking about it) i can imagine it would be hard to sleep with a mask on! poor guy. hope your hubby will take your advice and go back on his meds. :/
That chalk art your little guy did of the scream is really impressive! He is really talented, interesting choice of art! Perceptive little one!
I am glad that the sleep study went well and that the machine came so fast. I know it is hard to get use to, but as you know it will help so much. I will say extra prayers that he adjusts to it quickly. What a great doctor!
I hear you about your husband! I can't believe he didn't tell you, but I am glad you figured it out. It doesn't take long, I know with my husband I can tell pretty quickly. I hope he goes back on it soon, and you get your husband back, the nice, even one. You don't need that, on top of everything else you are going through.
Take care of yourself! Nice to get an update from you. Loved the beach shots. Really beautiful. I would love to spend a night in a light house too!
XOXOX
Post a Comment